Elvis Collection (Jailhouse Rock / Viva Las Vegas / Elvis on Tour) (2010)

Elvis CollectionAn earlier review points out, very accurately, "On Tour" is a lot of Elvis getting in and out of cars... etc. How true. It is disappointing NOT to have more performance footage.

However! (I may be very bias on this point.) The video snips we do get are very cool... at least to me... as the movie was filmed the year I saw him for the first time. Every time I see the movie, I'm trying to figure out if certain scenes were filmed the evening I saw him.

Also, the lack of video, and the multiple scenes of fans going wild, and more, should be blamed directly on Colonel Parker. If you've ever seen "That's The Way It Is" (Original Release), it's cut up almost as bad as "On Tour". Again, this was Parker's doing! Several years ago, "That's The Way It Is: Special Edition" was released. Virtually ALL the Colonel Parker touches were removed and the songs were completed instead of cut. In fact, I believe several songs could be added because of the removal of scenes of screaming fans and backstage BS. I highly recommend "That's The Way It Is: Special Edition" for anyone wanting a high quality Elvis performance video.

I have to give "On Tour" four stars because of the memories I have of that year's tour, and even though it lacks in many ways I'm still glad it was released. Maybe someone will attempt to restore it the way they did "That's The Way It Is: Special Edition".

one of my favorite Elvis movies and I would like to see more of his movies on blueray.there needs to be more behind the scenes of his concerts on the dvd.

Buy Elvis Collection (Jailhouse Rock / Viva Las Vegas / Elvis on Tour) (2010) Now

Thank you well taken care of box I cant stress it enough how much the condition of the box as well means to me my logic is if you buy a car you don't want any dings on it for full price we pay for something new also Elvis Fan thank you

Read Best Reviews of Elvis Collection (Jailhouse Rock / Viva Las Vegas / Elvis on Tour) (2010) Here

I was expecting more of HD concert footages on Elvis on tour but it seems mostly scene of Elvis getting in and out of cars, airplanes, and concert halls. The concert footages are also mostly edited into montage which seems distracting because too many scenes of fans cheering and getting histerical. It may be the intension of the editor who tried to present whole Elvis experience but in my pointof view it was poorly excuted.

Also, the documentary seems it is not really HD in may parts. It only uses part of screen so it appeals that pictures are little clearer. Some people can be really annoyed by this. The movie footages and small portion of concert used in documentary are HD though.

I guess if you are die hard Elvis fan and loves any Elvis stuff they throw at you, you will love this but it was not for me.

The good thing about this package is that it includes two Blu-ray movies discs that makes up for disppointment of the documentary.

Want Elvis Collection (Jailhouse Rock / Viva Las Vegas / Elvis on Tour) (2010) Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment